Always RTW Fall


It's New York Fashion Week, and I have a confession: I've been studying Fall RTW collections rather than statistics/art history. It isn't really my fault! After all, Fall is my favorite season, and it's been an especially blustery billowing and blizzarding 2nd semester here in Milwaukee (It's as painful as it sounds). I wore tights to class one day, and you wouldn't believe the death glares I received. Incriminating glances that started at the toes of my riding boots, and shamelessly concluded eye level, in the form of daggers.

Anyway, the collection I felt most connected to was Zero + Maria Cornejo's. Most appealing were the concepts behind the forms. The peices all felt very architecturally driven, and comfortably geometric. I enjoyed the slight asymmetry. It's nice to see shapes that are simply shapes, not jagged lines contrasting from side to side in hopes of making a statement. Her pieces are feminine and luxurious, but not boring. Oh and the reappearance of deep blue, mustardy, taupe, and camel colors hit home for me.













Comments

Popular Posts